Breakfast for Vegans
If you're concerned that catering for vegan breakfasts is going to be expensive and difficult for your accommodation business then think again; you are in for a pleasant surprise.
A vegan breakfast is a very simple and inexpensive meal to prepare once you put your mind to it. What's more, unlike dairy and meat items, the food produce required has a long shelf life so you don't need to worry about food wasting on your pantry shelves.
Below is a list of quick and easy options that most South African vegans would be thrilled to eat for breakfast. Vegan products are now widely available in most good supermarkets throughout South Africa. Don't forget, you need offer only 6 of these or any other vegan items to qualify for a free-of-charge vegan-friendly listing with Vegan SA:
- Coffee/tea with soy milk/powder;
- Toast with non-dairy margarine, jam/marmalade, peanut butter or Marmite;
- Crumpets, waffles.
- Fresh fruit platter/fruit salad;
- Fruit juice;
- Soya yoghurt;
- Muesli/cereals with soya milk;
- Porridge/oatmeal with syrup, sugar, diced banana or strawberries;
- Cooked breakfast of veggie sausage, toast, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, fried onions, hash browns or potatoes;
- Veggie burger;
- Waffle (use potato starch or egg replacer)/vegan pancake with maple syrup, caramel, chocolate, strawberry or lemon sauce;
- Bubble n Squeak (potato hash)
- Tofu Scramble
- Breakfast Burritos
- Vegetable fried rice;
- Vegetable fried noodles;
- Rice soup/congee.
If your business meets our criteria and you would like to be listed here, we'll gladly reward you with a free listing. Please contact us now to get your vegan-friendly business listed and help promote veganism in South Africa.