A useful recipe for almond paste, which can be used in many dessert recipes.
1 cup plus 3 Tbsp (250g) sugar
1/4 cup (75 grams) agave nectar
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp (100g) water
3 cups plus 3 Tbsp (500g) blanched almond flour/meal
- Place the agave syrup, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a strong boil. Blend until smooth.
- This may take a while, depending on the strength of the food processor. Remember, food processors are not usually strong enough to yield the same consistency as the almond paste that you can buy.
- Remove the boiling sugar from the heat and pour over the ground almonds.
- The quality of almond paste is determined by how smooth the consistency is.
- You can make double and divide up, wrap in cling wrap, and freeze until I need it.
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews