Pasta Funghi e Melanzane
This is a simple style penne pasta dish, made from aubergines (eggplant) and mushrooms, with a festive beer and rosemary sauce!
120 ml extra virgin olive oil
10 large mushroom heads, sliced into bite size chunks
1 peeled and diced medium sized aubergine
200 ml beer (your choice)
½ tsp dried rosemary
130g garden peas
500g penne pasta
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer's instructions and set aside, keeping warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the aubergine pieces and season with salt and pepper. Stir often and cook until the pieces becomes tender (around 8-10 minutes).
- Add the beer and rosemary, bringing the mixture to a boil. Cook until the liquid is reduced by half, (about 6-8 minutes).
- Add the peas and simmer covered for 2 minutes. Stir in the pasta, cooking lightly until the pasta is warmed through (approximately 30 seconds).
- Your pasta dish is now ready to serve. Enjoy!
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by PeTA, Virginia, USA
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews