Banana bread is a type of bread that is made with mashed fully ripe bananas. It is often a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread. However, there are some banana bread recipes that are traditional-style yeast breads. Our recipe here is a vegan and gluten-fee banana bread.
1½ cups brown rice flour
1½ cups millet flour
1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp ground flax seeds
2 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp xanthan gum
¼ tsp salt
3 bananas, ripe and mashed
1 ½ cups soy milk or rice milk
2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 180 C.
- Spray or grease an 8 x 8 square pan or a loaf pan.
- Combine rice flour, millet flour, sugar, flax seed, cinnamon, baking powder, guar gum, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk to mix well.
- Stir in the bananas and milk.
- Stir well with a spoon or beat with a mixer for a minute or so.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the centre is set.
- Allow to cool in pan.
- When cool, cut into squares (like cornbread, if made in the square pan) or into slices.
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Johannesburg, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews