Muffins are great as a breakfast item, afternoon snack or dessert - how versatile! This recipe uses bananas which are high in potassium, vitamin B6, and fibre. One medium sized banana contains roughly 100 calories.
2 ripe mashed bananas
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup water
2 Tbsp sugar (or fructose)
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp baking powder
2½ cups of cake flour
Pinch of salt
- Preheat an oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf pan or muffin tin.
- Mix the bananas, oil, vanilla, water and sugar until smooth.
- In a seperate bowl, mix the bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cake flour, cinnamon and salt and add to the banana mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon into the loaf pan or muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes (if in muffin tin, or 35-40 minutes if in a loaf or cake pan).
- Please note: If you have a wheat intolerance you can use 310 ml of rice flour plus 310 ml of rye or oat flour instead of cake flour.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Claudia Miceli, Muizenberg, Cape Town
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews