This is a simple and effective recipe for basic vegan cupcakes. It's light, fluffy and versatile. Simply create the basic mix and frost with an icing of your choice. For chocolate cupcakes, add some cocoa powder when mixing the dry ingredients.
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1½ cups soy milk
2¾ cups self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Stir the apple cider vinegar and soymilk in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, stir the dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and vanilla extract to the bowl with the vinegar and soymilk and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Line a cupcake container with holders (or grease it with spray) and add the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool, add vegan icing (optional) and serve.
Serves 18 people
Recipe supplied by Antonia Dlagnekova, Pretoria, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews