Blueberries, just like muffins, are native to North America. They are highin vitamin C, K and manganese, as well as dietary fibre.
Blueberry is one of the iconic flavours for muffins and they taste especially delicious when served warm and fresh out of the oven. This recipe is gluten free.
½ cup olive oil
2 tbsp flaxseed meal mixed with 4 Tbsp water
¾ cup organic granulated sugar plus extra for sprinkling
1⅓ cups shredded courgette
2 medium sized very ripe smashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 cups buckwheat flour
1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup potato starch
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Line 2 standard sized muffin pans with 18 paper liners. (one of 12 and one of 6).
- In a large bowl, combine together all the wet ingredients and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients until combined.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until very well incorporated. Your mixture will be thick.
- Drop about ¼ cup of mixture into each muffin cup and sprinkle lightly with brown sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops are very lightly golden brown.
- Remove from muffin tins and place on a rack.
- Allow to cool briefly before eating.
Serves 18 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Johannesburg, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews