Cajun-style Barley Stir-fry
Spicy and wholesome, this simple stir fry will keep you full but still feeling light. The Cajun spice that's mixed in creates an aroma that will excite one's senses and get everyone around the dinner table.
4 Tbsp olive oil
One hand full of green beans
1½ Tbsp Cajun spice
Half butternut, cut into chips
2 carrots, cut into chips
½ green pepper, sliced into chips
½ red pepper, sliced into chips
1 cup of cooked barley
- In a bowl, add in all your vegetables, olive oil and Cajun spice. Massage the contents of the bowl gently with one's hands. Leave to marinade for 2-3 hours so the flavour of the Cajun spice is properly infused in the vegetables.
- Heat the pan and empty the contents of the bowl into the pan once it's heated.
- Stir the vegetables for 2 minutes and then add in the barley and continue to stir for 3 more minutes.
- Dish out the stir fry and enjoy.
- Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice to enhance the flavour of the dish.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Zanele Khangale, Lenasia, Johannesburg, South africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews