Carob and Vanilla Marble Cake
Veganizing and modifying this simple recipe, it uses oats as an egg substitute. Put in a blender with some macadamia nuts. WOW amazing results by accident! The same cake can be done using crushed blueberries/strawberries instead of carob or cocoa.
½ cup canola oil, room temperature, plus more for the pan
¾ cup sugar
1¾ cups flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup water, 4 Tbsp of ground oats and 1 tsp of ground macademia nuts
2 tsp vanilla essence
⅔ mixture of soya milk with 3 Tbsp ground Jungle Oats and 1 tsp ground macademia nuts
8 tsp of Carob powder
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Whisk sugar and oil and allow to settle.
- Mix wet and mix ingredients, except for the carob powder, first separately and then combined, and then add the lemon juice.
- Put half the batter in another bowl and mix in the cocoa.
- In a greased baking pan, in a checkerboard pattern, put dots of white and carob batter alternating, then put another layer of checkerboard with the opposite colour.
- Then with a wooden spatula, slice through the batter to the bottom of the pan making an S shape, make another S crossing this one, then make zig zags.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 175 degrees C, rotating the pan halfway. Wait 20 minutes to cool and then enjoy!
Serves 8 people
Recipe supplied by Satya Bhat, Johannesburg, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews