Cashew Crème (Gluten Free)
This is an easy and deliciously wonderful, dairy-free alternative to sweetened cream.
250g raw cashews soaked overnight in water then drained
1 cup fresh water, or more as needed
½ tsp maple syrup to taste
¼-½ tsp vanilla extract to taste
- Whiz all the ingredients around in a food processor or heavyweight blender, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Adjust consistency and flavor by using more or less water and/or sweetener and vanilla.
- This is an easy and deliciously wonderful, dairy-free alternative to cream.
- A food processor or heavyweight blender is essential.
- Most excellent served with cake.
- Not for use in coffee or other hot drinks.
- Chill in fridge to make even stiffer.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Pretoria, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews