Cashew Pear Crème Tart
This is a simple gluten-free crème tart recipe
⅓ cup sugar
1 cup almond meal
¼ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup melted dairy-free margarine
2 Tbsp brown rice syrup
1 cup cashew butter
⅓ cup water
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 firm pears cored and sliced, not peeled
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F or 160°C.
- For the crust, mix the flours with a whisk. Add melted dairy-free margarine and brown rice syrup. Mix well and press the mixture into a well-sprayed springform pan. Try and get some of the crust up the side of the pan.
- For the filling, mix all the crème ingredients together until smooth. Pour or spread the filling into the crust.
- For the pear topping, mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Add the pear slices and carefully shake to cover both sides of each slice with the sugar mixture. Arrange on top of the crème filling. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until the pears are soft.
- Cool on a cooling rack. Remove the pan carefully to serve.
- You can serve the tart cold or at room temperature.
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeestport, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews