Chilled Avocado Soup
Extra substance is added to this soup using ground oatmeal. It just makes for a much healthier soup.
1 large ripe avocado or 2 small
1 can of full fat coconut milk (place in fridge so that it goes solid)
2 Tbsp of oatmeal (Nature's Choice)
11/2 cup of water
2 tsp vegetable stock powder (Ina Paarman)
Freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Open the can of coconut milk. Pour out the water and mix it with oatmeal. Place coconut solid back in the fridge.
- Mix the water with the vegetable stock.
- Blend the avocado pulp with the oatmeal mixture, stock and orange juice, until smooth.
- Let the soup rest in fridge for an hour or so.
- Whip the coconut milk solid till stiff and fold into the soup.
- Enjoy with freshly ground pepper.
Serves 3 people
Recipe supplied by Pieter Kotzé, Langebaan, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews