Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This recipe is Radio 5FM's vegan show host Grant Nash's favourite ice cream recipe. It's a recipe borrowed from The Vegan Scoop but you can easily make this at home.
1 cup soy milk, divided
2 Tbsp arrowroot (check health stores, easy to find but not in your local supermarket)
2 cups Orley Whip
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ soy milk with the arrowroot and set aside.
- Mix the Orley Whip cream, the remaining soy milk and sugar in a saucepan and cook over a low heat. Once the mixture begins to boil, remove from heat and immediately add the arrowroot and milk mixture. This will cause the mixture to thicken.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate the mixture for between 6-12 hours.
- Then get out your ice-cream maker, read its instructions and off you go.
- In the last few minutes of making the ice cream, stir in the chocolate chips.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Wheeler del Torro, The Vegan Scoop, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews