Chocolate Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce
Bread pudding is a popular North American dessert for meals on special occassions such as Christmas time.
5 Tbsp cocoa
1 Tbsp hot water
470 ml soy milk
Egg replacer for equivalent of 2 eggs
Pinch of salt
2 tsp and 1 tsp vanilla
320g vegan margarine
25 ml dark rum
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine the cocoa with the hot water and mix until smooth. Add more water as needed.
- Combine the cocoa mixture, soy milk, egg replacer, sugar, salt and 1 teaspoonful of vanilla. Mix in the stale bread in a large bowl. Pour into a prepared loaf tin.
- Bake at 180°C (Gas Mark 4) for 1 hour.
- Beat the vegan margarine until light and fluffy. Sift the sugar into the margarine. Add the rum, nutmeg and remaining vanilla. Beat on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pudding. Serve warm.
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by PeTA, Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews