Chocolate Mango Truffles
A very decadent chocolate treat from a couple of slabs of 90% Lindt chocolate and a lonely mango in a fruit bowl. No added sugar or syrups added.
1 large firm, yet ripe mango
1 cup coconut
1 cup cashews
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
200g dark vegan chocolate
30g coconut oil
- Grind the cashews in your blender until they are flour.
- Peel the mango and liquidize.
- Place a heavy pot on a stove on medium heat, add the mango. Simmer till most of the juice evaporates, add coconut and coconut oil, followed by cashew flour and vanilla extract.
- Stir constantly, till the mixture starts to separate from the bottom of the pot. Let it cool down.
- Add chocolate and coconut in a saucepan and melt on very low heat till smooth.
- This should be enough for 12 truffles. You can use a muffin pan. Place paper cookie cups in muffin pan. Spoon a tablespoon of chocolate in each. Shape dough in your hand, 1 large teaspoon, and make a medallion that can fit in the cup. Top up with more chocolate and refrigerate till set.
Serves 12 people
Recipe supplied by Pieter Kotzé, Langebaan, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews