Coffee Chip Muffins
Moist, warm mufins, packed full of flavour are a universal favourite. These vegan muffins and coffee and chocolate flavoured.
1 cup non dairy milk
1 heaped Tbsp instant coffee granules
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 cups cake flour
½ cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup chocolate chips or chopped non dairy chocolate (such as Nestle Albany or Cadbury’s Bournville).
- Preheat your oven to 190°C
- Grease/spray a muffin tin etc.
- Measure out ½ cup of milk and mix with the coffee granules to dissolve.
- Stir in the remaining milk and vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Make a well in the centre and add in the milk mixture, oil and vanilla. Do not overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips or chopped non dairy chocolate.
- Divide mixture between muffin pans (about ¾ full).
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes, until tester comes out clean.
- Remove from tray when you can handle them and put on a rack to finish cooling.
Serves 12 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews