Cranberry and Orange Biscotti
Biscotti are twice-baked biscuits originating from the Italian city of Prato. Also known as cantuccini, they are long and brittle cookies designed to be dipped in coffee, cocoa, or wine. The practice of twice-cooking was to ensure longevity, especially for long journeys and in times of war. This vegan biscotti recipe is also gluten-free.
1¼ cups almond flour
1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ cup agave nectar
2 teaspoons orange zest
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup pistachios
- In a food processor, combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, salt and baking soda. Pulse until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pulse in the agave nectar and orange zest until the dough forms a ball.
- Remove dough from food processor and work in the cranberries and pistachios with your hands.
- Form dough into 2 logs on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
- Cut the logs into half inch slices on the diagonal with a very sharp knife. You should have 12 slices.
- Spread slices out on a baking sheet and bake at 150°C for 12-15 minutes.
Serves 12 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews