Cream of Sweetcorn Soup
Rich and nourishing soup made from a staple South African favourite - sweetcorn!
3 cups of vegetable stock
3 cans creamstyle sweetcorn
500g non dairy creamer
1 tsp cinnamon
Spring onions to garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the vegetable stock in a pot.
- Once it has come to the boil, add the creamstyle sweetcorn.
- Let this simmer until soup thickens.
- Add the cream followed by the cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the ingredients into a blender and give this a quick spin.
- Ladel into soup bowls and garnish with spring onion.
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Misha Dhupelia, Johannesburg, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews