Creamy Basil Pesto Pasta
This freshly made pesto is bursting with flavour and is a simple way to transform a carbo-rich pasta dish into a protein filled one.
For the pesto:
3 bunches of basil
1 bunch of rocket
1 bunch of coriander
1 packet of pine kernels
6 Tbsp of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
2 green chillies
For the cream sauce:
2 Tbsp of corn flour
2 Tbsp vegan margarine/butter
3 cups of soy milk
1 tsp mixed italian herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
For the pasta:
1 packet of penne pasta
½ packet of chopped sun dried tomatoes
- In a blender, add together all the ingredients for the pesto until it forms a paste.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pot, heat the vegan margarine.
- Once the margarine has melted, add in the corn flour and stir together until it forms a sticky paste.
- Pour in the soy milk and turn the heat down low.Whisk the milk until it thickens.
- Add in salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
- Add in the pesto paste and cook until all the ingredients have mixed well and the sauce has a creamy consistency.
- Pour over the pasta, add in the sundried tomatoes and serve!
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Misha Dhupelia, Johannesburg, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews