A while back I saw where they made these using Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Obviously not vegan. But peanut butter cups are so easy to make and are awesome. I make my own chocolate from raw ingredients and I don't use the peanut butter in my cup. I use ground almonds with coconut oil and coconut sugar paste.
Vegan dark chocolate
Syrup (Golden or maple)
Optional: can use ground almonds with coconut oil and coconut sugar paste instead of peanut butter
- Melt some vegan dark chocolate and drop a spoon into small cookie cups.
- Refrigerate and add a spoon of peanut butter on top, cover with chocolate and place back into fridge. Remove from cups when solid.
- Use puff pastry, do not roll out. Cut circles out slightly bigger than the cup. Place peanut butter cup on one circle and cover with another. Seal the edges with a fork and brush with Syrup. Bake till golden brown.
- Spread Chocolate on top and cut up some cups and sprinkle on top.
- Be careful not to use cups that are too big - the chocolate may run out whilst baking.
- You can make your own chocolate from raw ingredients and don't use the peanut butter in your cups. You could use ground almonds with coconut oil and coconut sugar paste.
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Pieter Kotzé, Langebaan, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews