Easy Vegetable Chow Mein
An easy version of Chinese vegetable chow mein, especially for use in a South African home kitchen. Use the frozen vegetable mix suggested in this recipe or try one of your favourite frozen stir-fry vegetable combinations. Preparation time is just 15 minutes.
1 cup vegetable broth
2 Tbsps corn starch
2 Tbsps stir-fry sauce
¼ tsp red pepper sauce
2 tsps vegetable oil
2 finely chopped cloves garlic
1 bag frozen carrots, sugar snap peas, onions & mushrooms
2½ cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage & carrots)
4 cups chow mein noodles
- In small bowl, mix the broth, corn starch, stir-fry sauce and pepper sauce; then set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and frozen vegetables; cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables are crisp and tender.
- Stir in the coleslaw mix and broth mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Serve over boiled noodles.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Lizane Badenhorst, North West, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews