Egg Replacer (for Binding)
Make use of common kitchen stapless to create egg substitutes in your favourite recipes. Review the options below to replace eggs when they are used in recipes for binding.
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal and 3 Tbsp water; or
- 2 Tbsp corn starch and 2 Tbsp water; or
- ¼ (60 ml) pureed silken tofu; or
- ¼ (60 ml) soya yoghurt; or
- ¼ (60 ml) apple sauce; or
- ¼ (60 ml) mashed banana; or
- ¼ (60 ml) pureed fruit.
Each option above is a stand-alone alternative (you don't need to make them all together) and makes the equivalent of 1 egg.
Serves 1 people
Recipe supplied by Sheldon Hey, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews