Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks
A simple recipe for a tasty component of a hearty South African vegan family meal.
1 (approx 2 lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1 inch thick slices
1.5 Tbsp coconut oil
2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat an oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pull the outer leaf off the cabbage (it's usually dirty and nasty looking), cut the cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being the root) into 1 inch thick slices.
- Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the coconut oil over both sides of the cabbage slices. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews