A delicously nutty and fruity health loaf that is not only vegan, but also gluten free.
½ cup teff flour
½ cup buckwheat flour
½ cup tapioca starch
¼ cup quinoa flakes
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 cup soda or sparkling water
1 Tbl olive oil or coconut oil (melted)
½ cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup mixed seeds (can use linseed, sunflower & pumpkin)
½ cup mixed nuts - chopped (can use macadamias & pecans)
½ cup mixed dried fruit (can use cranberries & raisins)
- Preheat oven to 200℃ Gas 5. Lightly oil a small loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the dry ingredients very well together with the nuts & seeds & dried fruit.
- In a small bowl or jug mix apple cider vinegar into non-dairy milk - leave to stand for 20 minutes. Stir in sparkling water and oil, mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in wet ingredients and stir gently until mixed.
- Pour the mixture gently into the oiled loaf tin. Sprinkle the top with seeds if desired.
- Cover tin with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake a further 10 minutes or until top is browned.
- Test loaf with a skewer to make sure it is cooked.
- Cool briefly in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Slice when cold (if you can wait that long!)
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Dianne Womersley, SA Gluten Free Recipe Exchange, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews