Healthy Rice Pudding
Many people love rice pudding. For many it is a fond reminder from school days. There are so many ways you can do it vegan style, but this is more of a South African touch...
¾ cup uncooked white rice
2 cups coconut milk, divided
¼ teaspoon salt
4 Tbsp fresh minced apricots (can use Naturelite, canned)
2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
1 Tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium pan, bring 1½ cups water to a boil.
- Add rice and stir. Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In another pan, combine the cooked rice, with 1½ cups milk, agave and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ½ cup of milk, apricot mousse and dried chopped apricots. Cook for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Serve warm with lots of cinnamon... perhaps organic cinnamon from Nature's Choice.
Serves 2 people
Recipe supplied by Pieter Kotzé, Langebaan, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews