Indonesian Stir Fry
What distinguishes this Asian style stir fry is that it is flavoured by sweet Indonesian soya sauce ("Kecap Manis"), which is thick and syrup-like.
8 baby corns
1 medium coarsely chopped onion
1 chopped carrot
½ cup coarsely chopped kale
½ cup green peas or snow peas
½ cup sliced mushrooms
½ minced tsp garlic
½ minced chilli pepper
½ cup chinese faux chicken or similiar veggie/soy product
2 Tbsps cooking wine or non-alcoholic wine
1 tsp corn starch
¼ cup water
3 Tbsps sweet Indonesian soy sauce
- Stir fry the mushrooms in garlic and chilli separately and then put aside.
- Stir fry all the other ingredients and add the stir-fried mushroom mixture in.
- Mix together all the thickener ingredients and pour into the stir-fry while it's still hot.
- Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice.
Serves 2 people
Recipe supplied by Glen Varney-Wong, Randburg, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews