This is a vegan lemon bar dessert/cake recipe.
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar (icing sugar)
1 cup unbleached cake flour
1/2 cup silken tofu (soft or firm)
1 cup granulated sugar
Zest from 2 lemons
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp unbleached cake flour
1 Tbsp corn starch (Maizena)
Icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat over to 180°C.
- Grease or spray an 8 x 8 baking pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add flour and mix well to form paste. Press into pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place on rack to cool while you make the filling.
- Place tofu into blender and blend until creamy.
- Add sugar and blend again until smooth.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Pour filling over the base and bake for another 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Place on rack to cool.
- When ready to serve, dust with sieved icing sugar. Eat immediately after that or the sugar will sink in and disappear.
Serves 16 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews