Mango and Coconut Cake
An easy vegan cake to make. To be enjoyed with coffee, tea, or soy milk!
1¼ cups cake flour
2/3 cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
½ mango, cubed
¾ cup nondairy milk (can use soy)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
¾ tsp vanilla extract
Flaked coconut, for topping
- Preheat an oven to 180°C and grease a round baking pan (8 or 9 inches).
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and ginger. Mix thoroughly and create a well in the centre.
- Place the milk, oil, mango, and vanilla in the well and mix gently till homogeneous. Pour into the prepared baking pan and top with coconut.
- Bake for 27 to 30 minutes.
- Can add more coconut to the mixture before baking.
Serves 8 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews