Maple, Banana, Chocolate Chip and Pecan Nut Loaf
A delightful chocolate flavoured vegan nut loaf recipe.
¾ cup cake flour
1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
¼ tsp sea salt
1 cup mashed overripe banana (this is about 3 medium bananas)
¼ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
¼ cup of toasted chopped nuts (pecans/walnuts)
½ cup pure maple syrup
½ cup vanilla or plain soy milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp (organic if possible) canola oil
- Preheat your oven to 175°C.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients including chocolate chips and toasted nuts, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, maple syrup, soy milk, vanilla, and canola oil.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, and stir through until just well combined (don't overmix).
- Pour into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden and a toothpick or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. You can also bake in a 9 x 13 baking pan - check after 20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Notes: can also use frozen bananas. This may extend cooking time by a minute or two.
- Can serve warm with (non-dairy) ice cream.
Serves 8 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews