Meat Free Chicken Biryani
Biryani is a very famous rice-based baked dish made with Indian spices. The name derives from the Persian word 'beryā' which means roasted or fried.
For biryani, always use a long grain rice. Basmati rice, with its fine thin grains is the ideal variety to use.
Biryani also keeps well and can be served up even a few days later.
1 box meat-free chicken-style strips
2 cups rice
½ chopped onion
1 Tbsp masala
Egg-yellow food colouring, mixed with a little water
2 green chillies
- Braise the onion and tomatoes in oil. Add the curry leaves, mint, some thyme and masala. After a few minutes, add the mixed vegetables and chicken-style ctrips. Simmer until cooked through.
- Steam the rice and strain it. Add it to the curry but do not mix in. Flatten it over and around the curry.
- Dig into each side with a fork and add the egg-yellow food colouring and a little margarine.
- Place in a medium heat oven for about fifteen minutes.
- Remove from the oven and mix the curry and rice until it is a nice yellow colour. Serve with a salad.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Rooks Pastor, Region not supplied, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews