Meat Free Laniéres de Poulet
A meat-free version of a French dish meaning 'strips of chicken'. This recipe uses ingredients that are freely available in South Africa.
1 box chicken-style strips
1 packet braai charcoal
Mint and thyme
2 Tbsp vegan butter
1 tsp Robertson’s Spice for Rice
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
½ cup mild or hot peri-peri sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
Pinch black pepper
- Mix the chicken-style strips with the mint and thyme. Wrap in foil and put on hot coals for 4 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Cook the onion and mushrooms.
- Add ½ a cup of peri-peri sauce and simmer for 1 minute. Add a pinch of pepper.
- Cook rice, flavour with 'Spice for Rice'.
- Braise vegetables in a scoop of vegan butter.
Serves 2 people
Recipe supplied by Mark Naicker, Region not supplied, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews