Mince and Bean Burritos
Burritos, literally meaning "little donkeys" are a staple of Tex Mex Cuisine. A beautifully tasty little dish consisting of a corn or flour tortilla, rolled around a wonderful array of spicy beans, guacamole, peppers, onions and whatever else you want to add to the mix. Try adding Fry's vegan mince for a little extra zhoosh, but feel free to do this dish your way ...
1 onion, diced
2 peppers, diced
Handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped
Tin of 4 bean mix
Tin of tomato and onion mix
3 heaped Tbsp tomato purée
Box of Fry's vegan mince
1 avocado, mashed
Corn or flour tortillas
1 tsp chilli and garlic paste or fresh
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chilli flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Preferred salad ingredients to add to your burrito
- Fry your onion, peppers, tomatoes in a little coconut oil and add the herbs, spices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a tin of tomato and onion mix and the tomato purée.
- Add the drained and rinsed beans.
- Add the Fry's mince, turn down the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Mash your avocado and prepare a small salad to add to your burrito.
- Warm the tortillas in an oven for 3 minutes.
- Add the guacamole, salad and cooked bean and mince mixture, wrap up, eat and enjoy. Ole!
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Lisa Fine, Johannesburg, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews