Mixed Berry Crumble
A traditional English crumble pudding recipe, using mixed berries which grow abundantly in the country
100g cold non-dairy butter
175g cake flour
50g chopped nuts (not roasted or salted)
50g oats (not instant)
50g light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
400g mixed frozen or fresh berries
More sugar to taste
- Cut butter into the flour until crumbly.
- Add in chopped nuts, sugar, oats, salt and cinnamon.
- Heat an oven to 180°C.
- Spray 6 ovenproof ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Mix fruit with sugar to taste. You do not want the fruit to be too sweet as the crumble is already nice and sweet.
- Divide the fruit mixture between the 6 dishes. Spoon on the crumb mix, pressing down gently. You may not use all the crumb mix and it can be frozen in a sealed zip lock bag.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes until the crumble is turning brown and the juices are bubbling to the top.
- Serve warm or hot with non dairy cream or custard.
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews