Mushroom, Zucchini and Red Pepper Quiche
This vegan quiche uses tofu and soy milk as a substitute for the savoury egg custard mixture. It uses baby marrows, red capsicum peppers and mushrooms as the principle vegetable ingredients.
1 block of smoked tofu
½ cup soya milk
1 tsp of mustard
1 tsp of garlic
1 tsp of lemon juice
Pinch of salt
4 heaped Tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
⅓ cup milk
3 punnets of mushrooms
1 tsp thyme
½ red pepper
3 chopped baby marrows
½ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
3 chopped pepperdews
3 Tbsp egg replacer
3 Tbsp water
- Blend the tofu in a food processor with the soya milk until fine.
- Pour into high speed blender and add mustard, garlic, lemon juice and a touch of salt. Add the flour and baking powder,
- Then add the non-dairy milk and blend until smooth. There should be enough milk to allow the blender to turn without strain.
- Chop and fry the onion, mushrooms, thyme, red pepper and baby marrows.
- Add the tofu mix to the fried vegetables. Add the sundried tomatoes and pepperdews. Fold in the egg replacerwhich has been whipped up with water.
- Pour into an oven dish and bake for 35 minutes at 180°C.
- Allow to cool. Now your vegan quiche is ready serve!
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Toni Brockhaven, Cape Town, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews