Neapolitan bars are tri-coloured dessert bars, in this case, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.
1-¾ cups cake flour
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup sugar
1 cup strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
¼ cup dark-brown sugar, packed
5 Tbsp dairy-free margarine, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup soy milk
200g non-dairy chocolate chopped into small pieces
250 ml non-dairy creamer
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease an 8 x 8-inch square pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Add the strawberries, and toss to coat thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, margarine, vanilla, and soy milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry mixture and stir.
- Mix until just combined, and pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out dry.
- Allow to cool in the pan.
- While the bars are cooling, prepare the ganache topping.
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the chocolate and non-dairy creamer, and heat on high for about 1 minute.
- Stir thoroughly until the mixture is smooth, microwaving for an additional 30 to 60 seconds to melt any remaining lumps if necessary.
- Pour the ganache over the bars, and let cool completely. Slice into bars and enjoy.
Serves 16 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews