Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Everyone appreciates a good cookie,right? Here's a vegan recipe for oatmeal and raisin cookies.
6 Tbsp non-dairy butter
¾ cup white sugar and ¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup water blended with 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
2 Tbsp non-dairy milk
½ Tbsp vanilla OR 3 Tbsp grated orange rind
1½ cups wholewheat pastry flour
1¾ cups rolled oats (old-fashioned = Jungle Oats)
¼ cup oat or wheat bran
½ Tbsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2/3 cup raisins
½-1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spray 4 cookie sheets with oil from a pump sprayer, or non-stick spray (oil or spray thoroughly, as these cookies have a tendency to stick).
- Beat the butter, sugars, flaxseed, milk, and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry mix ingredients.
- Add the processed mixture and mix well to make a firm dough. Cut off walnut-sized pieces, about 48, and roll them into balls with wet hands.
- Place 12 on each cookie sheet, leaving space between. Press them down a little.
- Bake 5 minutes, turn the pans around from front to back, and shift the ones on the lower shelf to the top and vice versa, and bake 3 more minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the sheets for a couple of minutes, then carefully loosen and remove to racks to cool (these cookies can be a bit fragile when warm).
- Store airtight after cooling thoroughly, or freeze.
Serves 48 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews