Oprah's Scrambled Tofu
One of chat show host and TV star Oprah Winfrey's favourite breakfast varieties, this dish is light, well seasoned, and full of protein for 'get-up-and-go' energy. Turmeric is what lends the colour and mild flavour to this dish. Serve Tex-Mex style with salsa and tortilla chips.
1 pack of firm tofu
3 cloves peeled and sliced garlic
3 Tbsp diced red bell pepper
½ tsp turmeric
¾ cup sliced green onions, scallions and chives
½ cup minced onion
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp soy sauce
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp salt
- Drain and crumble the tofu.
- In a medium sized frying pan, sauté the garlic and diced pepper with olive oil on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the crumbled tofu first, and then add remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with salsa and corn tortillas.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Oprah Winfrey, Kosclusko, Mississippi, USA
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews