Oriental Vegetable Noodles
This dish has a mild nutty flavour from the peanut butter and dry-roasted peanuts. Peanuts and peanut oil are used extensively in Asian cuisine, especially Indian, Thai, Malay and Indonesian dishes.
175g green thread noodles, or multi-coloured spaghetti
2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
125g grated mooli
125g grated carrot
125g finely shredded cucumber
1 bunch finely shredded spring onions
1 Tbsp crushed dry-roasted peanuts
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Cook the noodles or spaghetti.
- To make the peanut butter sauce, put the sesame oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar into a small screw-top jar, seal tightly and shake well.
- Place the drained noodles in a large serving bowl and mix in half the peanut sauce.
- Using 2 forks, toss in the mooli, carrots, cucumber and spring onions.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and serve with the remaining peanut sauce.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Katrina Jordaan, Cape Town, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews