Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter cookies are simply cookies that use peanut butter as one of the main ingredients. Peanut butter has been an American favourite ever since it was introduced to festival goers at the 1904 St. Louis' World fair. First touted as a health food, peanut butter recipes began appearing by the early 1900s.
1½ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup softened soy margarine (to room temperature)
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
¾ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the margarine and peanut butter with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add both of the sugars and blend well. Add the soy milk and vanilla and blend the mixture again.
- Add ⅓ of the flour mixture to the margarine mixture and mix well. Continue with another ⅓ of the flour mixture, then the final ⅓, mixing after each addition.
- Roll the cookie dough into 3cm balls and place on a greased cookie sheet, allowing room for the cookies to expand. Press down twice on each cookie with the back of a fork, making a crisscross pattern on top, but not flattening it. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool. These vegan cookies are now ready to serve.
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Marjorie Marino, Bulacan, Philippines
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews