Peanut Butter Mousse
For instant bliss, use this on a banana. Go wild and use it on everything! Only 3 ingrediens - so simple!
1 can full fat coconut milk (alternatively, ½ can coconut cream)*
3-4 Tbsp salted, natural creamy peanut butter
2-3 Tbsp agave nectar, maple syrup or powdered sugar
- Chill the coconut milk overnight. In the morning, without shaking or tipping, remove the lid and scoop out the solid cream from the top into a chilled bowl. Leave the liquid in the bottom of the can and reserve it for use in smoothies, baked goods, etc.
- Using a mixer, beat until creamed together, light and fluffy – about 45 seconds.
- Add the peanut butter, starting with 2 tablespoons and adding from there to desired taste.
- Add the sweetener of choice to desired sweetness, observing that the more liquid you add the less firm the mousse will be.
- Either use immediately as a spreadable frosting, or chill for several hours to let it set and firm up as a mousse.
- Eat as a mousse topped with plain coconut whipped cream, bananas or chocolate sauce. Alternatively, use as a dip for fruit/baked goods. If using as a frosting, don't frost your muffins, cookies and cakes, etc., until just before serving as it needs to be chilled right up until serving.
- Reserve leftovers in a covered container in the fridge. It will keep for up to 1 week.
Serves 2 people
Recipe supplied by Dana, Minimalist Baker, USA
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews