Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles
Peanut butter flavoured cookies.
¾ cup smooth peanut butter
¾ cup sugar (white or combination of white and brown)
6 Tbsp aquafaba*
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ cups all-purpose/cake wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch salt
2 Tbsp sugar
½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
A pinch of ground nutmeg (optional but good)
A pinch of ground cloves (optional but good)
* Aquafaba is the binder in this recipe. Using alternatives will give you slightly different results but will still work well. Here are some alternatives:
1. Ener-G Egg Replacer - use 3 tsp powder + 6 Tbsp water.
2. Flax/Chia - use 2 Tbsp of finely ground flax/chia seeds + 6 Tbsp water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, so do this first and then start with the rest of the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180°C.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick silicone mat.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar with the spices and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, vanilla extract and aquafaba, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Add half the flour, then sprinkle on the baking powder and salt. Then add the rest of the flour. This helps distribute the baking powder evenly. Then use a wooden spoon or spatula to combine until all the flour is absorbed and no longer looks white.
- Use a spoon or cookie dough scooper to scoop rounded tablespoons full of the dough.
- Squeeze each piece of dough into a ball shape with clean hands. Roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture, then place evenly on baking sheets.
- The cookies will not spread very much so use the back of a fork to press them into flat shapes if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookies immediately and be careful not to over bake.
- The cookies will be very soft coming out of the oven but will firm up as they cool. For softer cookies, bake for slightly less time; for firm cookies bake for slightly more time.
Serves 24 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews