Red Bean Soup
A protein, rich and full bodied soup version of red bean curry!
3 ¼ cups of vegetable stock
3 cans red kidney beans
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 chopped onion
2 tsps cumin
2 tsps corianer
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1½ tsp crushed garlic
Tabasco sauce to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsps olive oil
1 red onion
1 Tbsp chopped coriander
- Add the chopped onion to the olive oil and lightly saute.
- Throw in the garlic, cayenne pepper, cumin and coriander and let the spices cook along with the onions.
- Once the spices have scented, add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and beans.
- Cover the pot, turn the heat down low and let it simmer for 20 minutes until the beans have cooked and the spices have been absorbed.
- Once cooked, pour the mixture into a blender for a quick spin until the ingredients are smooth.
For the garnish:
- Chop up the avocado and red onion and toss into a bowl and sprinkle with chopped up coriander.
Ladle the soup into bowls, top with garnish and serve warm!
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Misha Dhupelia, Johannesburg, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews