Savoury 'Chicken' Crepes
Savoury chicken crepes on a vegan website? Rest assured, these are 100% vegan thanks to the Fry's range of soy products. The crepes are light, easy to prepare and guaranteed to wow your audience at any meal time.
For the crepes:
1 cup of all purpose flour
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
½ cup soy milk
½ cup of water
3 Tbsp coconut milk
3 Tbsp organic dark brown sugar
For the 'chicken':
1 chopped red, green and yellow pepper
1 finely chopped onion
3-4 chopped gherkins
1 packet of Fry's chicken strips
Salt and pepper to taste
Vegan mayonnaise for dressing
For the crepes
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the soy milk; water, coconut milk and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until combined.
- Lightly oil or grease a skillet on medium heat.
- Ladle the crepe mixture into the hot pan.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side or until you see bubbles forming over the surface.
For the chicken:
- Chop up the onion, peppers and gherkins and toss into bowl.
- Fry off the chicken strips in a lightly oiled pan for 5-6 minutes until cooked.
- Add chicken to the chopped vegetables and coat in vegan mayonnaise.
- Add the chicken to the cooked crepes and serve.
Serves 6 people
Recipe supplied by Misha Dhupelia, Johannesburg, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews