Spicy Peanut Green Beans
Try these spicy peanut flavoured green beans as part of a Asian meal, with rice or noodles.
1 pounds green beans, trimmed
2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp tamari
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp mirin or water
½ tsp sugar
2 Tbsp peanut oil
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
½ tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Steam the green beans just until tender, about 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, tamari, sesame oil, mirin (or water), and sugar and set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the reserved beans in batches and stir-fry for 30 seconds, transferring the cooked beans to a platter.
- When all the beans have been cooked, add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes to the same pan and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Return the beans to the pan and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the reserved peanut butter mixture and stir-fry until the beans are hot and coated with the sauce, about 30 seconds.
Serves 2 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews