Spinach and Nut Pasta
Spinach originates from central and southwestern Asia, possibly Persia. It is a very good source of dietary fibre, protein, vitamins A, C and K, sodium, manganese and potassium, best retained by no or minimal cooking.
Use any pasta shapes you have for this recipe.
225g dried penne
1 quartered and sliced onion
3 large, flat and sliced mushrooms
2 Tbsp pine nuts
2 cloves crushed garlic
5 Tbsp dry white wine
Salt and pepper
125ml olive oil
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Lower the heat, add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the spinach has just wilted.
- Stir in the pine nuts and wine, season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer the pasta to a warm serving dish and toss the sauce into it, mixing well. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 people
Recipe supplied by Katrina Jordaan, Cape Town, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews