Tamryn's Cabbage and Potato Rolls
These finger food snacks use vegan sausages and are a real party favourite.
3 cups chopped cabbage
12 baby potatoes
4 Fry's Braai Flavoured Sausages
½ finely chopped medium onion
10 finely chopped mushrooms
2 cups breadcrumbs (approx.)
80 ml flour (white/brown/rye)
Salt and pepper
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp mustard
1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
2 tsp curry powder (mild/hot)
- Boil or steam the potatoes and the cabbage.
- Fry the sausages in a little BBQ marinade of your choice (Wellington’s Steak Sauce works well).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion, mushrooms, flour, 1 cup of bread crumbs, BBQ spice, salt and pepper to taste, soy sauce, mustard, hot sauce and curry powder. Mix well.
- When the sausages are cooked through, mash them with a fork and add to the mixing bowl.
- Once the cabbage is cooked, chop it finely and lay it on a paper towel for 10 minutes to soak out the extra water.
- Mash the potatoes (keep the skins on) and add this to the mixture.
- Once the cabbage is drained, add it to the mixture. Leave it to stand for 30 minutes.
- Add a cup of breadcrumbs into a bowl. Using your hands, press the mixture into sausage shapes and roll them in the breadcrumbs until they are completely covered.
- Fry the sausages in oil on a medium heat for 15 minutes, rolling them every few minutes.
- Serve with mustard and soy sauce.
Recipe supplied by Tammy Fry, Meat Free Mondays, Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews