Tom Kha Soup
A relatively mild Thai soup made with coconut milk, galangal (kha) and mushrooms. It has a silky smooth consistency and has a pungent lemon/ginger flavour and aroma to it.
1 cup coconut cream
1 cup coconut milk
4 Tbsp sliced galangal
2 sliced lemongrass
1 sliced shallot
5 small chopped chillies
1 cup oyster mushroom
1 cup straw mushroom, cut into halves
2 Tbsp vegan fish sauce
3 kaffir lime leaves, torn into pieces (discard the stems)
2 Tbsp lime juice
½ cup roughly chopped coriander leaves
1 Chopped spring onion
- Put the coconut cream and milk into a wok on a high heat. Add the galangal, lemongrass, shallots and chillies and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes, add the mushrooms and then stir.
- Add the vegan fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves, and bring back to boil.
- Add the half the coriander and turn off the heat. Stir in the lime juice.
- Garnish with the remaining coriander and spring onions.
- Serve hot.
Serves 2 people
Recipe supplied by Marjorie Marino, Bulacan, Philippines
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews