Vegan Chocolate Ice-cream Lollies
Ice lollies are also known as popsicles in some other countries that don't speak English so well. This awesome and relatively healthy recipe requires the use of an ice lolly or popsicle mould.
200g dark chocolate
4 Tbsp unrefined brown sugar
1 Tbsp organic maple syrup
1 tsp water
500g silken tofu
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot over low heat, combine the brown sugar and maple syrup and stir until sugar just becomes a liquid and the sugar is almost dissolved but definitely not boiling.
- Allow both the sugar and chocolate to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the melted sugar, melted chocolate and the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle moulds with sticks and freeze for 4 hours or until frozen completely.
Serves 8 people
Recipe supplied by Pieter Kotzé, Langebaan, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews