Alfredo is a pasta dish usually made from fettuccine pasta tossed with Parmesan cheese and butter. As the cheese melts, it emulsifies to form a smooth and rich coating on the pasta. It was named by an Italian restaurateur at his restaurant Alfredo on the Via della Scrofa in Rome.
Try this rich, creamy, dairy-free, cheeseless vegan mushroom fettuccine Alfredo. This popular Italian dish is incredibly easy and simply delicious.
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ cup vegan margarine/butter
1 cup vegan cream
2 cup soya milk
3 Tbsp Italian seasoning
Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8-10 minutes).
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. And then add the cream, soya milk, mushrooms and Italian seasoning. Bring to the boil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the sauce has reduced, or for about 5 minutes, stirring gently. Remove from the heat.
- Place the pasta in a serving dish, pour the sauce over the pasta
- Garnish with parsley and soy Parmesan.
- Serve with your favourite salad.
Serves 2 people
Recipe supplied by Marjorie Marino, Cape Town, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews