A simple recipe for easy-to-make vegan pancakes.
1¼ cup cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional but good)
2 Tbsp non-GM canola or sunflower oil
1/3 cup water
1-1¼ cups soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp maple syrup
Oil or spray for the pan
- Oil or spray a large pan or skillet and pre-heat over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, if using.
- In a separate bowl combine all other ingredients. Adding wet ingredients to dry. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the pan in whatever size you want your pancakes to be. Cook over medium heat until browned on bottom and bubbles form on the top.
- Turn over the pancakes and cook until the bottoms are browned and the pancakes are barely firm to touch.
- Transfer to a warmed plate and cook the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve warm with non-dairy margarine and maple syrup. Can also serve with fruit compote, or fold in fresh raspberries and a teaspoon of finely grated lime zest. Alternatively, fold in fresh blueberries and a teaspoon of lemon zest.
Serves 8 people
Recipe supplied by Maureen Cram, Hartbeespoort, South Africa
Show Comments / Reviews
No Comments / Reviews